If you are thinking about putting your Tahoe property on the market this summer, Spring is a great time to be thinking about those improvements and touch-ups that will help your home show its very best come marketing time.
Improvements to your home don’t have to be costly, often times it’s as simple as a bucket of paint and a couple hours of your time.
Winter weather conditions like snow, ice and rain can take a tole on properties, especially exteriors. Here are a few items you’ll want to address before putting your home on the market, so that Buyers are given a better first impression…
- Sand and repaint areas where the paint is chipped and pealing
- Have the windows washed inside/out
- Put out a new “Welcome Mat”
- Paint the front foor a new, up to date color
- Clear gutters/roofs of pine needles and debris
- Repair/replace fencing, get boards upright and straight
- Make sure walk ways are clear and have no obstructions, provide a clear, inviting path to the front door
- Place a few potted plants/flowers near the front entry
- Seal driveways
When it comes to the interior…
- Be sure that carpets have been cleaned professionally (You may want to call local professionals like Tahoe Steam ‘N Clean or Custom Floor Care)
- Windows are cleaned
- Baseboards clean and freshly painted/stained
- Keep Nik-Naks & wall art to a minimal
- Counters should be clean and cleared off providing an open space
- Of course, bathrooms sparkling, toilet seat lids down, towels hung neatly
- Have the home smelling fresh, but careful not to overdo the scent – there can be too much of a good thing, especially when it comes to overpowering the room with a specific fragrance
- Keep walk areas free of clutter and avoid having furniture in spaces that may disrupt the flow of a room
- Having a fresh plant or two strategically placed and/or a vase of fresh flowers never hurts either!
Hopefully these tips provide you with a good sense of some simple, yet important ideas to put into place when you are marketing your home for sale.
Happy home selling!
As always, please feel free to contact Mackenzie with your individual/specific questions regarding your South Lake Tahoe home!