Subject: Special Lake Tahoe Website Announcement
Check out the new look of http://www.TahoeActivities.com! ”Like” them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TahoeActivities and check out their Pinterest account: http://pinterest.com/tahoeactivities/
Moineau Design and www.IDXCentral have been working with the Lake Tahoe and surrounding area communities for many years and in my opinion were the first to create an activities website that more than adequately represented and joined the many unique activities & entertainment opportunities that Lake Tahoe offers year-round!
They have just released their new look of http://www.TahoeActivities.com and I hope you can take a minute to view this great site that was started over 10 years ago. Moineau Design works diligently to constantly grow and improve the website and I think you’ll find it to be one of your favorite resources for staying up to date on all there is to love and be enjoyed in one of Mother Nature’s most beautiful playgrounds.
Now get out and PLAY!
- Mackenzie Martin
Realtor – CA/NV and Moineau Design Fan!
Like it or not, snow is upon us! Perhaps not enough to bust out your skis or snowboard, but your Sorels for sure!
Bring on the soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and firewood because it’s supposed to stay chilly for a while. With Heavenly Valley, Kirkwood and Sierra at Tahoe not open, this lends time to snuggle up, play some board games, try out a new crock pot recipe and prop your feet up!
Stay warm and safe travels
South Lake Tahoe may appear to be within the confines of Stateline and Hwy 50, typically the closer your vacation rental, motel or hotel is to Hwy 50, Heavenly Valley and the casinos, the more expensive your nightly rate is going to be. If you are willing to drive another 5-10 minutes, you can score some amazing places to stay at much less than what the extra cab fare might be.
Check out areas like Montgomery Estates, Pioneer Trail, Gardner Mountain and Country Club Estates. If you want the very best rates and don’t mind adding on another 5-10 minutes, consider Meyers, Christmas Valley and North Upper Truckee, all of which are nice areas with some very nice, reasonably priced places to stay in terms of vacation rentals.
Other tips to saving on your Lake Tahoe vacation plans include:
- Plan your stays during shoulder seasons, typically April, May, October and November are the months where you can score on cheaper nightly rates
- Use vacation rental by owner websites such as VRBO.com and VR Partner.com
- Look online for vacation rental packages sing websites like Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline
The weekend was full of smiles around South Lake Tahoe as skiers embraced Mother Nature’s most recent gift of snow storms. Spring skiing is undoubtedly spectacular and the conditions more like those you might expect/want to see in January.
While the weather is supposed to warm up some this week with temperatures more spring like, there’s no doubt that with all the new snow many of you will continue to take to the slopes. If you do plan to take advantage of the spectacular Lake Tahoe spring skiing, please keep in mind some of the following spring skiing tips…
Safety Tips for Spring Skiers and Snowboarders
- Spring Skiing and Snowboarding Safety Tips. Warm conditions can uncover hidden hazards as well as lead to a nasty sunburn. Check these spring skiing reminders to prevent some common spring skiing mishaps.
- Preventing Altitude Illness During Active Vacations. Symptoms of headache, nausea and fatigue often occur in those who travel from lower elevations up to 8,000 feet or more, but a few preventive measures can keep you comfortable
- Recognizing and Preventing Acute Mountain Sickness. How to recognize, prevent and treat symptoms of high altitude illness
- How to Unclog (Pop) Ears In Altitudes. Use this simple technique to open up your eyes as you ascend and descend on the mountain.